Checking into Springs Memorial Hospital can be quick and stress-free – if you take a little time to prepare. To reduce your registration time, please have your physician orders, insurance cards, a picture ID and your Social Security number with you when reporting to the hospital for any and all exams or admissions.
Patients who pre-register online will be eligible for faster registration for their hospital stay, service or procedure with our Express Check-In service. Our pre-registration department will work with you to obtain all necessary registration and insurance information and co-payments prior to your arrival at the hospital. Taking care of this in advance of your visit will express you through the process.
When you arrive at the hospital, please proceed to the Admissions department on the third floor. Once here, a staff member will direct you to the Express Check-In area, and after gathering any necessary information, you will be directed to your appropriate location in the hospital.
To take advantage of our Express Check-In service, please call at least 48-hours prior to your expected arrival date. Pre-registration may be reached by calling (803) 286-1695 or (803) 313-3140.
Springs Memorial Hospital also offers patient registration kiosks to help expedite the check-in process.
What do I need to pre-register?
- Insurance Card(s)
- Physician Order (for tests, etc.)
- Managed Care Referral
- Admissions: 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Emergency Department: 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Outpatient Surgery: Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time to complete and process your paperwork before your pre-operative testing time.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your admissions appointment. Our staff will see you according to your appointment time in the different departments of the hospital. We strive to greet and care for each patient as soon as possible. If you are having lab work or an x-ray, you may be asked to wait a few minutes while we take care of the patients with appointments. Please be patient with us.
Remember to Bring:
- all current health insurance information, including your insurance card
- physician orders and prescriptions for any tests you will receive
- referrals from your primary care physician (if your insurer requires them)
- a payment method for deductibles and co-payments
- your advance directive, if you have one
- your driver’s license or a photo ID
- information on previous surgeries or medical care
During your registration, information and authorization will be needed for your medical record and for financial arrangements.
For more information, or if you're unsure of anything we require, please call (803) 286-1831.
All patients are admitted to Springs Memorial Hospital without regard to race, creed, color, sex religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, economic status, educational background, or the source of payment for care.